14 February 2012 15:37 by Ronacrete Ltd
RonaDeck Resin Bound Surfacing an ‘elegant’ solution
Ronacrete’s RonaDeck Resin Bound Surfacing played a key part in the landscaping of a high quality home designed and built by Elegant Homes of Solihull.
When they designed the hard landscaping Elegant Homes wanted a product that would compliment the high standard of materials used throughout the development and they approached Ronacrete to discuss the suitability of RonaDeck Resin Bound Surfacing for their project.
Ronacrete recommended Approved Contractor Route One Highways to lay the surfacing on a prepared asphalt base.
The RonaDeck Resin Bound Surfacing System was supplied as a two-component UV stable polyurethane resin to be mixed with a blend of kiln-dried decorative aggregates. The two components of the resin were mixed with a slow speed drill and paddle before being added to a large forced action mixer containing the aggregate blend. After ensuring that the aggregate was fully coated with resin, Route One Highways operatives spread RonaDeck Resin Bound Surfacing to level and smoothed the surface with a steel float. The finished surface was ready for foot traffic within four hours.
Ronadeck Resin Bound Surfacing satisfies SuDS requirements, allowing rainwater to quickly and easily drain through the porous surface. All blends have been tested for slip resistance in wet and dry conditions; test results show the risk of slip to be low.
RonaDeck Resin Bound Surfacing is a UV stable resin bound aggregate surfacing; its functional properties and decorative appearance make it an attractive choice for a wide range of paving applications.
- 15 year guarantee available
- Range of natural aggregate blends offers a choice of colours and shades
- Highly porous allowing free drainage of rainwater (SuDS compliant)
- UV stable resin prevents yellowing, maintaining the appearance of the surfacing
- Recycled aggregates available
- Complies with the DIN 51130 slip resistance test (suitable for swimming pool surrounds)
- Suitable for public spaces, footpaths, car parks, driveways, pool surrounds, podium decks, water features and many more applications
- Installed by approved contractors
- Good slip resistance
Submit your news
Send us your construction related news and press releases to feature on specifinder.com free-of-charge. Email them to email@example.com
Add your company
An entry on specifinder.com gives you exposure to over 32,000 unique visitors a month. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tweets by @specifinder